About The Position
Location: Chicago Loop
Experience: 2+ years planning and or buying
Compensation: Base Salary + Incentives + Bonus + Profit Sharing + Benefits
If you desire to work on a great list of clients (many in music and entertainment) and do more than just execute one digital medium this position may be a great fit.
The Digital Media Planner/Buyer’s (DMPB) primary goals are to get the best value for our clients & over deliver on plan goals through superior execution. You are a tough negotiator, creative problem solver, researcher and are always on the hunt for new media opportunities and ways to optimize schedules. You’re media tech savvy and have no problem learning new media buying platforms.
You will set up and manage digital media campaigns across all paid digital media channels such as SEM, Paid Social, Mobile, Desktop and Email. You will be familiar with how best to utilize all digital creative formats: audio, video and display across all screens and devices. You like to dive into the the data and have strong analytical skills. You will vet new digital media properties.
As a Digital Media Planner/Buyer (DMPB) you will be the primary point of contact for all digital media vendors. You will work directly with publishers for strategic placements, on several self service platforms in paid social media and have strong chops buying media programmatically. The DMPB constantly strives to improve our ability to maximize media efficacy across the entire consumer purchase funnel — from awareness, to consideration, to conversion.
The DMPB will assist in designing the overall media plan by providing sound research, strategy, current pricing and projected delivery.
You lead execution of approved digital media plans by working with all partners. You (and your assistant) will negotiate placements, traffic buys, manage the buys to track clearance and performance, update systems and generate reports as requested. You will work on several campaigns at once.
Part of our culture is the constant desire to learn. We need you to be both a student as well as an educator to help train agency staff who want to learn digital media.
We know this sounds like a lot – it is. But we’ve a great company culture with excellent growth potential for the well-rounded and performance driven media professional.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ yrs of media planning or buying experience
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with several vendors with confidence
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated skill using DSP’s (both managed and self-serve platforms)
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated skill using Google AdWords & key social media self-serve platforms
- Technically savvy and well versed in various media metrics and KPI’s
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Google Analytics and/or Adwords certifications a plus+
- Great energy and positive attitude
- Understanding pixel placement, trafficking digital creative formats and working with rich media
- Some experience with copywriting (for Search and Social Marketing campaigns) a plus+
- Great writing and verbal skills to offer POV’s to client, staff and company blog
- A plus+ if you can bring working knowledge of research applications and ad serving tech