About The Position
We are looking for our next digital media superstar!
Location: Chicago Loop
Experience: 2+ years
Direct Report: Senior Media Strategist
Compensation: Salary + Benefits + Bonus + Profit Sharing
If you desire to work with a great list of clients (many in music and entertainment) and do more than just execute one digital medium this position may be a great fit.
The Digital Media Planner/Buyer is our main day-to-day media negotiator and primary point of contact for all digital media vendors. The Digital Media Planner/Buyer constantly strives to improve TEC Direct’s ability to maximize media efficacy across the entire consumer purchase funnel — from awareness, to consideration, to conversion — across all screens. You will work with a long list of publishers for strategic placements and need strong chops using DSPs for programmatic and private marketplace deals.
You typically will work with a Media Strategist and assist in designing the overall media plan by providing current rates, research and strategy. You will then lead execution of approved digital media plans by working with all internal/external partners to over deliver plan goals. You and your assistant will negotiate placements, traffic buys, track clearance and performance and generate daily reports. You will work on several client accounts under the direction of our Media Strategists.
You strive to get the best value for clients and over deliver on plan goals through flawless and superior execution. You are a tough negotiator, creative problem solver, researcher and are always on the hunt for new media opportunities and ways to optimize schedules.
You will set up and manage digital media campaigns across all paid digital media channels such as SEM, Desktop, Mobile, Social and E-mail. You will be familiar with how best to use all digital formats: audio, video and display. You will dive into the data and provide well-written insightful campaign reports as well as various POV’s for clients and our company blog.
You will vet new digital media properties and determine how best to integrate them into planning and eventually client campaigns.
Part of our culture is the constant desire to learn. We need you to be both a student (wanting to grow and learn) as well as an educator to help train agency staff who want to learn digital media.
This sounds like a lot – it is. But we’ve a great company culture with great growth potential for the well-rounded and flexible individual who can work in planning, buying and client relations on any given day.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of media planning or buying experience (or maybe you’re an assistant or Jr buyer ready to move up)
- Strong client service skills and ability to present to clients with confidence
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated skill using DSP’s (both managed and self-serve platforms)
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated skill using Google AdWords & key social media self-serve platforms
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite on PC or MAC (we use both – you choose)
- Superior organizational skills/ superior attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task
- Great energy and the ability to add to a positive working environment – it’s part of our culture
- Previous experience with digital creative strategy, design and working with rich media vendors
- Some experience with copywriting for Search and Social Marketing campaigns is a plus
- Great writing and verbal skills to offer POV’s to client, staff and company blog.
- A real plus if you also have strong knowledge of syndicated interactive research applications and ad serving such as DoubleClick DART for Advertisers (DFA); comScore Media Metrix
How to Apply:
A. Combine your cover letter, resume and references into one document (PDF, XPS, Word, etc).
B. In your letter, please introduce yourself as well as answer three questions:
1. What about our company interests you most?
2. What is your greatest strength?
3. Of all your career achievements, which one are you most proud of and why?
C. Submit your document via email to: DMPB@tec-direct.com
Please note: due to the volume of responses we get, only qualified applicants will be contacted.