About the Position
We are seeking individuals to apply for the Senior Media Strategist (aka Media Supervisor) position.
Location: Chicago Loop
Experience: 5+ years of media buying and or planning
Direct Report: President
Compensation: Salary + Benefits + Bonus + Profit Sharing
The Senior Media Strategist may be the Media Supervisor in other media departments but at TEC Direct you are part Media Planner, part Account Executive with a little dash of Media Buyer. The Senior Media Strategist is the steward of the entire day-to-day planning and buying process and provides strategic recommendations to the client. You have an outgoing personality and embrace the challenge of working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. You are proactive by nature and enjoy building business relationships. Responsibilities include developing media objectives, strategies and tactics for specific clients and overseeing flawless execution. Successful Senior Media Strategists are goal-oriented and have a passion for winning, strategizing and delivering results. They have strong, established client relationships and have a commitment to staying abreast of new opportunities in the ever-changing world of media.
You have the primary fiscal responsibility of managing your account list to its full income potential. You are the day to day media planner and primary point of contact for clients driving the business forward through consulting, media planning and execution. You have the best relationship with the clients and do everything you can to become a trusted resource to the clients. You have an excellent understanding of all media channels and how best to utilize them to achieve client goals. You have excellent media relationships. You can clearly present and articulate media plans to your clients. Working alongside a small team, you are ultimately responsible for the creation, delivery and accuracy of assigned media plan documents and proposals, as well as, weekly updates, post reports or other internal reports. You will develop holistic media plans by investigating all media, tactics and special opportunities to effectively use offline and online media dollars to the greatest benefit of our clients. You may be described as a project manager, a consultant, a strategist, a media architect, an idea generator, sociable, engaging, having great relationship building skills and a client service expert. You stay on top of the media trends and advise clients of these trends. Most of your entire day revolves around the client. You will seek to build plans that offer all paid media options and services that TEC Direct Media can offer. You’re a good coach for junior staff and can collaborate well with the entire media team to plan and execute effective media campaigns.
You will be assisted by: media assistants and media planners/buyers. The Senior Media Strategist enjoys educating and mentoring our junior staff. The Senior Media Strategist will have a complete understanding of the client’s media business and overall marketing objectives.
Experience- 5+ years of agency experience in media planning and buying. Experience with digital, broadcast media a must. Experience with print and OOH media would be a plus. General and direct response media experience preferred.
Education- Bachelor’s Degree
- In-depth understanding of media planning, negotiation, implementation and performance analysis
- Strong analytical skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Excellent media strategist
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior client service
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Some experience with research tools such as Nielsen, SRDS, MRI, Telmar, SQAD, Nielsen, comSCORE, etc.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Media Planning and Execution:
- Lead the creation of client media objectives and strategies.
- Help determine partner selection and program details and rationale.
- Responsible for creation of all client-facing documents (proposals, updates, posts, flowcharts, estimates, etc.).
- Maintain accounting of client billing and income.
- Write POVs as needed.
- Analyze syndicated research at a sophisticated level.
- Provide creative analysis.
- Field incoming RFP’s (via phone, email, etc.) from various clients and prospects.
- Provide research support during development of objectives, strategies and plans.
- Help investigate special opportunities & program positions with key vendors.
- Understand and articulate available digital targeting technologies.
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Manage all day-to-day client interactions. Manage expectations of clients and their deliverables.
- Collaborate with client and internal team to advise clients on best ways to integrate media into their advertising and marketing programs.
- Work closely with the client throughout entire program to maintain performance and resolve any performance issues.
- Grow business opportunities with current clients.
- Help train and mentor assistants, media buyers and jr. planners. Assure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Keep up with the latest trends, opportunities in media and inform clients and staff.
- Lead client meetings & phone calls.
- Build positive relationships with internal and external teams and set good example for subordinates.
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
- Has a P&L responsibility.
- Construct and deliver accurate, honest and timely management reports.
- Provide leadership and team building to nurture/promote team environment.
- Participates in new business acquisition.
- Express oneself clearly and concisely in oral communications.
- Write in a clear, compelling and concise manner.
- Organize ideas and information logically and sequentially.
- Assist in the development of media presentations and tactical POVs.
- Develop client reports that are clear, compelling and persuasive.
- Ensure key information is provided to team regarding client issues, internal agency issues, changes in account status, etc.
How to Apply:
A. Combine your cover letter, resume and references into one document (PDF, XPS, Word, etc).
B. In your letter, please introduce yourself as well as answer three questions:
1. What about our company interests you most?
2. What is your greatest strength?
3. Of all your career achievements, which one are you most proud of and why?
C. Submit your document via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: due to the volume of responses we get, only qualified applicants will be contacted.