Begin your career in media!
We are now accepting applications for a paid internship position for Summer/Fall 2018.
If you love all types of media, research, data, are detail oriented, have great math skills and want to learn how media is planned and purchased — we want to talk to you.
Terms: Summer or Fall 2018 (Please specify your availability.)
Position: Assistant Media Strategist (Internship)
Status: Full-Time Paid Internship
Our internship is a coveted PAID program that often leads to full time employment, so we’re looking to fill the position with someone who will go above and beyond, work hard, stay late and do whatever it takes to get the job done and win. In return, we’ll provide a great work environment and the training to launch your career in media.
You will immediately become a busy member of the planning and buying team and spend a great deal of time assisting & supporting us. You’ll research, plan and help execute elements of a media campaign from start to finish. You’ll work on many accounts at the same time and you must be able to juggle many tasks and deadlines. In addition to general office support & administrative duties, you will need above average computer skills. Using our proprietary media planning and media buying software (we will train you) you will help manage campaigns and prepare important client reports. You must have above average math skills and enjoy problem solving. You will work with outside contacts such as media reps, production houses, traffic departments and other vendors. Good rapport, confidence and relationship building with these partners will be crucial for your success. Star interns are invited to participate in and attend events, meetings and planning sessions. This is a great opportunity to learn media management — the part of advertising that comes before and after the commercials are made.
You will follow a well-structured internship program we’ve designed and improved over the years. Mentors are available at all levels of the agency.
- Articulate and demonstrate the concepts of media planning and buying
- Develop skills within (1) pre-campaign development (2) implementation / stewardship and (3) analytics & reporting
- Develop internal and external business relationships
- Choose a particular medium and execute a campaign from start to finish using this medium
- Give presentation to the agency staff prior to the conclusion of your internship
- You will work closely with, and shadow Media Planners/Buyers and Media Strategists (AE’s). You will keep a daily diary and meet weekly with your supervisor to review the week’s activity and exchange feedback.
- You will be given opportunities on a daily basis to immediately impact our workflow and campaign delivery.
- You will participate in meetings and conference calls with staff, clients & vendors.
Education – college seniors or recent college graduates
Experience – prior office or customer service experience a must
- Strong desire for a career in media
- Degree in Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Digital Marketing
- Social Media savvy
- Friendly, out-going and confident personality types do well in this position
- Excellent PC skills with above average fluency in all MS office products
- Excellent math skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Extremely detailed; highly organized ; highly motivated
- Ability and eagerness to learn; articulate; creative
- Ability to accept criticism and work under pressure
- Able to multi-task with good time management skills
- Able to work well individually and with others
- Excellent phone skills; good speaking voice; professional attitude and appearance