We are looking for the ideal candidate to join our team as a Digital Media Strategist(DMS); a professional who has managed successful and failed campaigns and understands what went well and how to improve upon what did not work.
If you are a personable, clever problem solver, enjoy working directly with clients and vendors, and get fired up executing effective cross-channel media plans, this could be the perfect fit for you.
About the Position
Location: Chicago and/or Work from Home
Compensation: Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits
- BS or BA degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in digital media planning and/or buying
- Experience managing SEM, Paid Social, Programmatic and other digital tactics
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects in different subject areas simultaneously
- Great energy and positive attitude
- Great writing and verbal skills to offer POV’s to client, staff and company blog
- Strong analytical skills
- Working experience with syndicated research applications
- Technically savvy and well-versed in various media metrics and KPI’s
Your primary objective is to work with assigned clients and vendors to create the most successful media solutions within budget. You are part account executive, part media planner and media buyer.
The DMS works directly with clients day to day, managing their requests and building their media plans. You will lead the execution of approved media plans by working with all internal and external partners. The DMS will drive media strategy, negotiate placements, traffic buys, monitor delivery & performance, update systems and generate reports as requested.
The DMS is our primary point of contact for media vendors, so be ready to utilize your established network of vendors and platforms that you know and trust. This will be key to your success.
Our clients like to use a mix of online and offline media channels, so it’s a plus if you can demonstrate familiarity with both.
Strong analytical skills are needed so you can interpret the data and provide solutions.
Part of our culture is the constant desire to learn and help others. You will need to be both a student and educator of media, training junior staff to plan and buy media.
These Skills/Experience Are a Plus
- Demonstrated skill using DSP’s (both managed and self-serve platforms)
- Strong, demonstrated skill using Google Ads & key social media self-serve platforms
- Google Analytics and/or Google Ads certifications
- Experience with Microsoft Advertising’s platform
- Understanding pixel placement, trafficking digital creative formats and working with rich media
- Some experience with copywriting for Search and Social Marketing campaigns
- Working knowledge of ad serving tech
- Some digital creative development skills
- Project management experience