Every consumer goes through the Buyer’s Journey. You know how it works. A prospect identifies a need in the “awareness” stage, then hopefully soon enters the “consideration stage” where the problem is now clearly defined and they’re searching for a solution. And finally the “decision stage,” a.k.a. a purchase! Email marketing can specifically target consumers on mobile or desktop and deliver custom messages at every stage of the buyer’s journey.
And when users express interest in getting more direct messages, whether it’s via texts, memberships, or email, you’ve got a green light to start using more one to one messaging.
Remember the principals of Direct Mail? Email marketing follows its predecessor. You need a good list, good creative and a strong call to action (CTA).
Think List, First
The list is the most important element of the campaign. You can rent a list or build your own list of qualified leads and customers. Building a list can take some time.
You can gather emails from content marketing, web site forms, a customer file and now, through new technologies such as urWebLeads that can match unknown site visitors to an email address.
Once you have a solid list you should kick your email marketing into overdrive with the most important elements in any modern email marketing strategy:
- Marketing automation such as drip campaigns and triggered message series are becoming more important to manage and nurture leads.
- Segmenting your email lists based on a variety of factors (such as whether they’ve purchased or not) will ensure that your emails are personalized and relevant to each category.
- Provide timely and relevant communication that addresses their needs.
- Offer exclusive content they can’t get any other way.
Use Good Creative
Examples are all over the web. Do a simple search and find your inspiration, but also consider the following:
- Be creative and use multiple specialized campaigns (testing messaging and offer).
- Use more persuasive and effective tactics, like: exclusive deals, limited-time sales, special pricing, membership perks or extra insights.
- Get personal. The least you can do is start the email with the customer’s name.
Compare Against Email Marketing Benchmarks
Consider these U.S. email marketing benchmarks from eMarketer and how your campaign measures up.
Use Email to Your Advantage
TEC Direct Media works with all forms of media, specializing in direct response and targeted buying practices. Whether you’re an emerging brand or an established company, we can show you how to use email marketing to your advantage. Contact us to find out more about how we can help your organization succeed.
Take Your Email, Direct Mail and Retargeting to the Next Level!
urWebLeads uses a patent-pending process to identify individuals who have visited a website, even if they failed to complete a transaction or fill out any sort of RFI. This lead generation program works site wide.